Sunday, August 5, 2007

paint a perfect picture

youguys know this song "beautiful girls" by sean kingston? first of all, is sean kingston 14? because the way he looks confuses me. anyway, this song...my mom loves it (hi mommy!). she mentioned it to me one day recently and i didn't know what she was talking about but then i looked it up and realized i'd heard it on the radio a few times. he says "suicidal" in that song so much. it's all, "you're just too beautiful, girl, that's why it'll never work, you have me suicidal, suicidal..." i don't know what any of the other words are. it might make all the difference, i don't know. but basically what i get from this song is that the chick is way too hot for him so he can never REALLY have her and now he's gonna kill himself. when i think of the song all i can think is him going, "suuuuuiiicidal, suuuuuuiicidal," over and over again. it's depressing. and it romanticizes suicide. and then earlier today i saw his performance of that song on jimmy kimmel live from the other night and it wasn't so good and i don't know where i'm going with this except to say...the song is called "beautiful girls." and i want better than...THAT (sorry, mommy).

so on thursday i was a part of
this, but perhaps the most interesting thing that happened as we all huddled inside the tent screaming and freaking out while wind busted through screens and thunder broke the sky and rain and hail pounded down around us was me being pelted in the shoulder by half a lemon. speaking of throwing things, why do people feel the need to throw things at shows? especially, like, their own shoe, for instance? what are you doing? no, seriously, if you are one of those people, what are you doing? you can comment on these posts, you know. so comment and tell me what you're doing. take me through your entire thought process in a situation such as this.

and now, speaking of comments, thank you to everyone who has been leaving me feedback and who's been visiting this site. i appreciate it more than you know. i've been a little slow on getting started, i know, but i've been doing a lot lately and i have a good friend from merry old england in town (hi rachel!) so i have been preoccupied. but oh, the things to come. i tell you what.

speaking of SHOWS, i saw THE
ms. erykah badu in detroit last night. her final song was one of my favorite songs; one i'd never seen her do live before and never thought she would (even though she is quite unpredictable). it's called "green eyes." it sounds like three or four different songs all in one, and it goes through just about every emotion you go through after a break-up, from denial to anger to sadness and ultimately acceptance. you should probably hear it. or buy it from itunes if you have morals. or money. or both. what was i saying?

cohesive, this is not. that's difficult for me. i'm learning here. i'm learning.


fear breeds hatred breeds violence. listen. accept. love.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

LEMONY FRESH. i've heard that suicidal song. it's weird. i .. don't get it. shrug. yay blog! i don't know what i'm doing here, hahaha.

Unknown said...

oh! and it was so good to see you, i missed you so much. i can't wait for tuesday! :D

Anonymous said...

I agree that Sean Kingston's performance sucked, but I still like the song- so shoot me. I'm so happy that I get to read your wonderful writing on a regular basis- keep up the great work. You may have even inspired me (just kidding).

Anonymous said...

I agree that Sean Kingston's performance sucked, but I still like the song. I'm so happy that I can read your wonderful writing on a regular basis, so keep up the great work. You may have even inspired me (just kidding, don't get scared).

Anonymous said...

I'm really not a complete idiot- I didn't think my first comment on this particular blog got published, cause it still said "2 comments" on the bottom, so that's why I wrote it again. Sorry.

arlan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arlan said...

i like how blogger lets you "choose an identity" when you comment. something about that is appealing to me. but i'll always be arlan on here. and in your heart, i hope.

i had no idea the warped tour storm was THAT bad even when you were texting me about it.

and you know what they say, when an emo kid throws you lemons, make lemonade. and then chuck it back at him REAL hard.

im so glad you Ba-DID it!

p.s. this is the first time in 26 years that ive EVER used the word "chuck" as a verb. how many black people do you know who use it? really.

p.p.s. if you write it, they will come.

Karlee said...

I also don't get why they throw shoes. I mean. You need them. You bought them. Then..you have one shoe left?

Seeing kids with one shoe walking around. I guess it's a trend I've never grasped onto.

I should start walking around with one shoe on, and if someone asks where the other one is, take off my one shoe, hit them in the face and scream all "death metal" in their face and slide my shoe back on.

And go off on my merry ol' way.

/stupidity

arlan said...

where's my daily straight moment? get it together, Smith.

:-)

Sarah said...

what does that even mean? and i've been busy. soon i will write every (or every other) day. thank you for your comment.

arlan said...

im your biggest fan. i just need more of you in my life. that's all. jeez.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the wind blew the lemon onto you. I wouldn't be surprised. Okay, well not really, but it's funny to think about.
My boy cat and I just wanted to say "hello" and that we enjoy your blog very much. Well, I guess I can't speak for him considering he just jumped off my lap as I typed this. But he did sit with me while I read it all.
Keep it up. :D

Sarah said...

the wind didn't blow the lemon because it hit me really hard. i think someone was aiming for me actually. sad face.

HI KITTY.