Tuesday, August 21, 2007

can you hear me now? i love you.




















this is my phone. i have a very close relationship with my phone. most people don't understand it. they don't really think about cell phones or care too much. but i had some cell phone drama. enough cell phone drama that i was determined that, the next time, i was going to have a GOOD phone. i was going to know everything about my phone; its strengths, its weaknesses, its features and capabilities. so i started to research cell phones on the verizon site and other sites like phonescoop.com and i quickly became obsessed. eventually i ended up with the lgvx5200, which was a decent, solid step up from my previous samsung, but it was by no means fancy. so i continued to obsess. i had the lgvx9800 (the "V") for one day, but at the time i didn't feel that i needed it and it was too bulky for me considering i'd always had small flip phones before, so i took it back the next day and got the 5200. anyway, as i was saying, the obsession continued. one day on a whim, while i was in a verizon store, i asked an employee if there was a newer model of the V coming out anytime soon. he informed me that, in fact, there was - the enV. i NEEDED this phone. long story short, once it came out last december, i stared at it online every day until my mom got it for me as a christmas present. i still love cell phones, but i don't obsess over them anymore. now i have found what i was looking for.

why am i talking about my cell phone? because i love it. why do i love it? it's on me 24/7. it's my connection to everyone. it has many features, and no one feature suffers for the sake of another. it's a good phone and it's a good tiny internet device as well. awesome for texting. great speakerphone. amazing camera. i have to look at, touch, and use this thing a hundred times a day. i need to be satisfied with it.

without my cell phone, i feel lost and a little scared. i would leave the house without money, my driver's license, and my keys before i would leave without my cell phone. my logic? if i need any of those things, i can always call someone to bring them to me. i can reply to important emails from the grocery store. i can talk to my best friends for four hours straight because the battery is that good. that's important to me because most of them don't live here and i don't see them often. my phone is close to my heart because it connects me to the people i love.

all of the pictures i took this summer while rachel was here are on my phone. if i'm bored in a doctor's waiting room? tetris. and...okay, i have a bit of a problem when it comes to ringtone purchases but i think it's under control now. i think 23's a good number, don't you?

i love technology.

p.s: fuck the iphone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same phone, but I think I told you that before. :D
I hope you're doing well. I think I'll be in Detroit again for work in September and maybe I could come to Columbus for the weekend like I did last year? That would be lovely since it's been forever and I miss you tons and tons. Oh, which reminds me, when are you in CA? <333333333333333333333333

Alix! said...

You need to get VZ to give you commission or something

A said...

I have the orange one. I used to work at Sprint but as soon as I got a new job a couple of months ago, I bolted. I agree with you totally.

arlan said...

yes, and do fuck the iphone. please whoever is in charge of sprinkling the "fuck you" dust over things, let it be on the iphone. danke.

arlan said...

and yes i love technology. but not as much as you, you see. but still...i love technology.

Sarah said...

thank you kip.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, its not good the have the very latest technology I think, because it's always more likely to be faulty. So indeed, fuck the iphone. It's too swanky for a phone.

I like your reasons for liking your phone so much, and i'm glad you found the phone you wanted and it pleases you so that there is no more obsessing.