Tuesday, November 27, 2007

chocolate

first: i love cats. i love my cat, i love all of the cats i owned before her, and i probably love your cat, too. cat people are defensive.

second: i'm watching more "sex and the city" on hbo on demand and it prompted me to google some theories and ideas. in my search, i discovered this, which i thought was interesting:

According to Dr. Crenshaw, oxytocin may indeed be the reason why women more than men tend to be "love junkies" or "the slaves of love."

Oxytocin and estradiol synergize to produce heightened sensitivity to touch. Apart from that, Dr. Crenshaw points out that little girls tend to get more cuddling, which generally produces a considerable degree of pleasure regardless of estrogen levels; as the girl gets older and parental cuddling gets less, she may suffer from oxytocin withdrawal.


click for source


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think people are defensive over cats because people who love dogs always seem to talk about how much better dogs are than cats. And you rarely get cat people saying 'god, my cats are SO much better than a dog', it's 9 times out of 10 the other way round. Anyway.

I like that theory about the love junkies. And it's probably very true, especially concerning girls getting hugged more in general and stuff. Once you've started hugging people a lot it's difficult not to have anyone to hug. I get hug withdrawal. I love to hug. I see people in the streets and I think about how they look like the kind of person I'd like to...hug. Always hug. Haha.