Sunday, November 4, 2007

i needed you that day, too

i was watching "i think i love my wife" last night. one of the characters decided that another was too limited in his taste in music and insisted that they swap ipods for a period of time. my initial reaction was, NOOOOOOO DON'T LET GO OF THE IPOOOOODDDD! IT'S YOUR IPOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD! but then i got over my initial panic and realized what a nice idea it was. music is my life. my ipod is my soundtrack (for the most part). how cool would that be to get inside someone's head in that way, and vice versa, for just a little while, and maybe feel what it's like to see things through their ears? maybe rain looks different, listening to kanye rather than madonna, or foo fighters rather than tegan and sara. maybe you just needed the perfect song so that you don't go CRAZY riding the subway, and you didn't even know that it existed until you popped those earphones in.

on another note, since i have been talking about love here a little bit lately, i was thinking that
it might be a good time to promote margaret cho's marriage equality site, loveisloveislove.com. margaret is an incredible human rights advocate and activist. her empathy for people is so deep and strong, and i am constantly humbled by her selflessness and her fearlessness. i consider her heroic in the most basic and honest senses of the word, and regardless of her comedy career, no matter what you feel about the way she goes about expressing herself in performance, it is undeniable that she is an extraordinary human being. and so i urge you to visit that site, and also her official site, margaretcho.com. if nothing else, make a point to read her blog. if you're not inspired, then i simply don't know what to do with you. ;) if you wanna take it a step further, i highly, HIGHLY recommend her book i have chosen to stay and fight.

thank you, all of you, for your continued love and support. and if you're free at 2pm PST today, be sure to join arlan for her live webchat. i'm sure you can find out the details on her blog. i was there last night and i'll try to be again tomorrow. good stuff, boys and girls. good stuff.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Thank you, my beautiful & talented (& funny) daughter, for helping me set up my blog. I just wish I could write as well as you. I love you.