Tuesday, December 18, 2007

i want THAT one!

some facts about me:

i am a pepsi addict. saturday afternoon we had a snowstorm. i desperately needed to pick up a prescription refill, so i drove for practically an hour in a semi-blizzard to the discount drug store where i have it filled. it should have taken me 25 minutes max to get there, snowless. i paid for the prescription, but as i was leaving the store, panic set in. i knew that i had plenty of pepsi left at home, but what if we were snowed in...for days? i couldn't take that chance. so i ducked into the beverage aisle and felt instant relief as i hooked my fingers under the cardboard handle of a pepsi 12-pack. everything in life was okay.

i need for everyone to like me. this is a recent discovery, within the past couple of months, i'd say. not in the sense that i'll be extra super friendly to everyone i meet just to please people, because i'm not that way. naturally, i am not that way. i need for everyone to like me, but to like me for me. and it's not so much that i really need them to, but it was more of a realization that when they don't, it makes me angry. this is not justified. often, i am not nice. and even though, personally, i actually DO like most people myself, i certainly don't like EVERYONE i meet. and that's fine. it's normal. therefore, i am a hypocrite. in many ways, this being only one of them.

i obsess over things for a little while and then i calm down. for three days, i NEEDED the new lg voyager phone. and then some things happened, and i forced myself to think rationally and accept the situation, and now i no longer want it. at least not until next august, when my contract is up. i am like a five year old who MUST have the newest toy. this really comes as no surprise, seeing as i actually was that five year old. but i guess maturity means letting the obsession die.

on the other hand, i have big dreams, and i refuse to let those die. no matter what life throws at me or how much i allow my fears to hold me back, i never let go of my dreams. and that is why the future doesn't scare me, and why i am an eternal optimist.

enough secrets for today. eight days until santa comes to town...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the future scares me because I do let dreams die. I don't think I was that five year old, I think I'm used to settling for whatever and just thinking 'Oh well, it doesn't matter how much I want it, I can't have it'. I think that's just what we're all like in my family and thinking about that now, it makes me sad.

Alix! said...

I have to wait until about August for the Voyager too. But it's okay because by then they will be coming out with a newer awesome one (your en-V to my V), maybe in orange!! Haha.